Education Improvement Grant
The purpose of the Education Improvement Grant (EIG) is to improve educational outcomes for all learners and reduced the impact of deprivation on learner outcomes by:
- improving the quality of teaching & learning;
- addressing learners’ barriers to learning and improving inclusion;
- improving the leadership of educational settings; and
- improving the provision for learners and the engagement of learners.
The EIG supports our national priorities for schools, including improved outcomes in literacy and numeracy and reducing the impact of deprivation on educational outcomes. The EIG also supports the strategic objectives set out in Qualified for Life, the Welsh Government’s long-term vision for education for 3-19 year old learners in Wales, ensuring a better alignment between strategy and policy objectives and implementation and delivery.
If you have any queries about the EIG, please contact the following in the first instance:
- For any queries regarding the allocation of funding and how you should access is, please contact the finance team in your local authority;
- For any queries relating to eligible spend activities, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of your EIG activities in terms of learner outcomes, please contact your school’s allocated Challenge Adviser.
Further detail is available in the documents below.