Literacy and Numeracy Leaders Development Programme
Who are the target audience?
This development programme is for Literacy/Numeracy Leaders in primary schools across the North Wales region. As a Leader, the participant must have the opportunity to lead on a key Literacy/Numeracy priority in their school’s current development plan.
When and where?
One cohort across the region will be delivered bilingually. (10 Literacy Leaders, 10 Numeracy Leaders) Resources will be available bilingually:
Day 1: Wednesday, 24th October 2018 – OpTIC, St Asaph
Day 2: Thursday, 25th October 2018 – OpTIC, St Asaph
Day 3: Tuesday, 29th January 2019 – OpTIC, St Asaph
Day 4: Thursday 28th March 2019 – OpTIC, St Asaph
Each day will begin at 9:00am and run through until 4:00pm. Participants must attend all dates.
- To develop a participant’s leadership skills and school’s leadership capacity to improve standards of achievement and attainment for all learners in Literacy and Numeracy
- Participants will be involved in an inquiry based project during the programme; they will be required to keep a reflective journal and demonstrate how this practice impacts on their personal development.
- The new Professional Teaching and Leadership Standards will be addressed and enable participants to measure and track their progress and development and identify their future needs.
- Participants will gain a clear understanding of what constitutes excellent learning and teaching, including national priorities, effective use of data, self-evaluation and operational planning.
- Build knowledge/skills in line with WG priorities and International Research for Leadership of effective subject pedagogy.
- Through subject leadership of Literacy and Numeracy, address the requirements for the Professional Standards for Teaching and Leadership.
- One-to-one and group mentoring and coaching.
- Reflective practice and collaborative learning.
REGISTER THROUGH G6