Salaried route [full-time]

If you already work at a school as a teaching assistant or in a non-teaching role, you can apply for your school to sponsor your study. You’ll need to get agreement from your school to apply for this route.  You will be employed on a full time basis on an unqualified teacher rate. You will study for your PGCE around your existing school duties and your course fees will be fully funded. You’ll be in a school setting full-time across the two years, while also completing your academic studies. Schools can receive partial funding from Welsh Government towards your salary if you are studying to teach a shortage subject.